Reservations by credit card. 48 hours cancellation notice required for single rooms. 7 day cancellation notice required for multiple room or multiple night bookings. We reserve the right to charge for rooms which are cancelled after the deadline if they cannot be re -booked
Send a Message
Go To Website
Bed & Breakfast Description
Overlooking the spectacular Rossport Islands in Canada's newest National Marine Conservation Area, and nestled among the trees on the northern shoreline of Lake Superior, in the scenic and historic village of Rossport, Island Shores B&B is an oasis in the heart of accessible Canadian wilderness.
- Stay with us for a night on your tour of the rugged Lake Superior Shoreline or, better yet, come for a few days to explore this gorgeous section of the Canadian Shield with views painted and immortalized by the Group of Seven.
- Stay at Island Shores and soak your cares away in our Voyageur Room whirlpool tub. Visit the Pottery or Gift Shop or enjoy fine dining or excellent family dining within a few minutes of our front door. Walk the shoreline, or hike sections of the famous Casque Isles Trail, or rent a kayak or take a boat tour to explore wilderness beaches and hidden coves. Visit spectacular waterfalls, or go golfing or fishing.
- Play a game of horseshoes or lawn croquet, or find a quiet spot in our large common area or on the deck or lawn to read a book from our extensive library. Watch satellite TV, or a movie from our huge selection, or just catch up on e-mail with our high speed internet.
- Enjoy the comfort and privacy of exquisitely appointed guest rooms, all of which have queen beds, ensuite bathrooms, upscale furniture, and are decorated with many original and fine art reproductions.
- In the morning you can look forward to one of Gerry's mouthwatering breakfast creations served with fine teas or freshly brewed coffee, organic cereals, fresh fruit and fruit juices in season, and Nannette's fresh baked breakfast breads.
Your hosts, Nannette & Gerry Price, are both retired teachers with very eclectic interests. We are heavily involved in the community, and love reading, movies, artwork and fine dining, all of which are reflected in our home, hospitality and decor. Stay with us and enjoy fine conversation, fabulous eating, and five-star pampering.
Island Shores is selected "Best Places to B&B in Ontario" and you can read Janette Higgins' review at the alternate website above.
Bed & Breakfast Rooms & Rates
|Rates based on double occupancy unless otherwise specified|
Voyageur Room, Queen
Luxurious room with comfortable seating area, leather sofa and chair, bookcase, writing desk, TV and DVD, queen bed, fridge, ensuite bathroom with heated floors and whirlpool tub, bathrobes, slippers, and hair dryer. Beautifully decorated with milk painted furniture, and with original artwork and carvings, and fine art reproductions highlighting the Canadian Shield and Boreal Forest.
$130 double, including taxes ($120 single)
Gitchee Gumi Room, Queen
Beautiful but cozy little room for the traveller on a budget. No sitting area, but has a queen bed with milkpainted headboard and dresser, bookshelf, ensuite bathroom with shower, hairdryer, slippers and heated floors. Feather paintings by local Metis artist, and many other lovely art reproductions celebrating the Great Spirit Lake.
$100 double, including taxes ($90 single)
Rossport Family Suite, Queen
Celebrating the railroad and maritime traditions of Rossport, this two room suite is ideal for families with children, or two singles or couples travelling together. Uniquely decorated with fine art reproductions and local nostalgia, each room contains a small seating area, writing desk, and queen bed. There is a large ensuite bathroom accessed by both rooms, and a small fridge shared by the suite. Amenities include hairdryer, slippers and bathrobes.
$120 double, including taxes (110 single). $20 per additional person
Payment Methods include:
Visa, Master Card, American Express, Cash, Money Order, Debit Card
Bed & Breakfast Directions
East end of the Rossport Loop, opposite Nicol Island Causeway; off Highway 17 at Rossport, 190 km east of Thunder Bay (2 hours), and 480 km west of Sault St. Marie (5.5 hrs)