Become a FOBBA Member
FOBBA membership is made up of Ontario Bed & Breakfasts that are committed to maintaining consistently high standards in guest accommodation. Each of our members is "Inspected & Approved" for cleanliness, comfort, quality, safety & hospitality - so guests can always feel confident about their stay. Raising the bar on Quality Assurance is what sets FOBBA properties a cut above.
Along with your membership, you'll receive:
- Provincial representation when new rules are being made which will affect the Bed and Breakfast industry in Ontario.
- A recognized rating system in place to help guests determine what level of stay best suits their needs.
- A star-rating that will be displayed for guests to see on your BBCanada webpage (Requires a BBCanada membership and may be turned on or off through your BBDUG login)
- A certificate to prominently display in your B&B as well as a door/window decal
- FREE downloadable FOBBA icon for your website
- FREE copy of our Constitution, Policies & Procedures, Code of Ethics and other pertinent print material.
- Access to a library of information in our member's only "Knowledge Bank"
- Inside information, offers and member rates on B&B services and supplies
- Advantage Opportunities for FOBBA members at wholesale discounts
- Your very own webpage on www.fobba.com that you can edit, post your B&B pictures and keep contact information up-to-date.
- Newsletters, emails and relevant information throughout the year.
- Discounted Bed & Breakfast/Home Insurance through Halpenny Insurance Group of Companies
- Access to FOBBA's panel of experts to answer your email queries
- Discounted member rates and a vote at our yearly Conference & AGM in October/November - A great way to meet other innkeepers and stay informed of the latest trends!
- FREE source of reliable Bed & Breakfasts to send guests to and receive guests from around the Province.
Last but not least...
- The friendly smiles, faces and camaraderie that come from knowing you belong to a Professional Organization of like-minded individuals, who want nothing more than to welcome in a stranger and have them depart as a friend. INCREDIBLE!
What do all these benefits cost?
One-Year Full Membership
One-time Web set-up fee
One-time Inspection fee (Reinspections: every 5 years)
Total (applicable taxes extra)
You're only a few short steps away from becoming a full member...
- Read the Code of Ethics page of this website which also contains the FOBBA definition of a bed and breakfast. Make sure that your business does comply.
- Your business must be registered with the Ministry of Consumer and Commercial Relations. You can do this online at a cost of about $60 through Service Ontario.
- After submitting your application, two FOBBA members living close to you will arrange to come by to perform an Inspection. (*)
- Click here to apply online.
* In cases where there are no other FOBBA members nearby, two people in public office such as Chamber of Commerce employees can perform the inspection with you. Members near you can be found here or through our Membership Director (Diane Tolstoy - 905-880-0804 or firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Download the basic inspection checklist and review the items. We'll contact you to arrange a convenient time for two of our members to visit, and go through the inspection with you.
- When we receive your application, we'll email you a login and password, which will give you access to your personal FOBBA webpage. Here, you can start adding photos and descriptive text about your property. You'll also be sent a copy of the Inspection & Rating Criteria. Once the inspection is complete and membership is approved, we'll convert your webpage to active status.
- It is mandatory that all B&B's include a clear and concise cancellation policy in their description.
A Word About the Web
Your Bed and Breakfast will be listed under your FOBBA region, your city or town, as well as alphabetically. There is also an advanced search feature that lets visitors search for your name, or certain amenities they might be looking for, so it's a good idea to complete all the information that makes it easy for guests to find and book with you. You are responsible for your own content, rates, and especially, any changes to your email address, so always be sure to keep them up-to-date. On line tutorials and members of the Executive are available to help you.
Please send your forms, enquiries and requests for help to:
FOBBA Membership Director
15535 Mount Pleasant Road
Caledon, ON L7E 3N2
Send an email
Membership Cancellation Policy